Sunday, November 1, 2015

High Desert

Wow, what a day!
Got up and hurried so we would make the 10 o'clock talk at the Bend High Desert Museum.
If you ever get 3-5 hours in Bend, OR it is worth the stop,

Went on the nature walk to learn about vegetation in the high desert.
















I know, doesn't look much like a desert.
There are streams and pond here too!

















Much of the grounds were dedicated to life the settlers may have had.
Millie thought this was neat, but no way to live now.
I didn't try very hard to talk her into selling everything and head for Oregon in a covered wagon.
After seeing this our big white box looks pretty comfortable.
This is the great grandpa of out big white box.










Don't think I would have cottoned much to these always under foot.
























This was a sculpture made entirely of barbed wire.

Get the point!



































Met this guy in the Raptor area.
The show was great and presenter very knowledgeable.




And of course someone to cuddle up with on a cold winters night.

After the museum we went through the hassle of transferring a couple of prescriptions.
Patience is a virtue and I have proved my "virtuesnes".

Then we met with Mary and Roger Sanders for supper.
Mary is my 2nd cousin on my Mom's side.
Had a great visit and found it to be way too short.
Thanks Mary and Roger. 
Loved the history of Bend from Roger.
Wow, I wish I knew that much about Fargo and I have lived there my whole life.
We must do it again!

Sunday morning we have to move as our spot has been reserved.
So had to pack things away.
Plan to stay in the same park so won't move far.
The wind is supposed to subside by Monday morning so we will be on our way south and west.
Don't plan to do much Sunday so may not be much of a post and with packing and leaving?
We will see.

Hugs and patience work miracles and be careful what you ask for ----you may get it!

Tom and Millie.

No comments:

 Hi all We spent several days in Harmony, MN. Visiting with relatives, Amish product shopping, sampling great beer and eating way too much d...