Sunday, November 22, 2015

Busy Saturday

Hello one and all

Woke up again to sunshine.
Showered, cleaned the trailer, laundry and straitened up the pickup bed.
Not vacation stuff, retirement stuff.
Watched football with Jim
and just had a nice day.
Millie and I went for a walk to enjoy the forest.
The moss on the tree branches.
The stuff that looks like a dead squirrel is actually a piece that fell off a branch above.
This branch is probably around 3" in diameter and with the moss upwards of 9"




































Nice little waterfall across the Sandy river.
I would guess we are about 400' above the river when I took the photo.
We walked down to the creek that crosses the old railroad bed.
 Millie hamming it up and trying to tell me she saw a fish "this big"
She just couldn't keep out of my photo.
Guess she is a country girl.
























I had to try and get one that is a bit creative.
 Turns out pretty good for not having a tripod.









Millie thought the ferns growing
on the log over the creek was
pretty neat. Well, I guess, so did
I and I took the shot.























It really is a mini rain forest down the old RR bed.
Guess it is just the way the sunshine doesn't get in there much.
And the trees with the moss has always amazed me
I spent many days of summer in my youth wandering up and down to the river.
Was so nice and cool on a hot summer day.
Even now the season seems to have little effect under those big Cedars.
































Ya'l have a good night and make your day tomorrow the best yet.
Tom and Millie

No comments:

 Hi all We spent several days in Harmony, MN. Visiting with relatives, Amish product shopping, sampling great beer and eating way too much d...